Your advert on pureholidayhomes.com presents your property to our huge audience of holiday makers – we’ll do everything we can to bring people to the site and encourage them to search and enquire for properties, but there is a lot you can do to enhance and improve your advert, to get the most out of listing with us.
There are four stages to consider in generating an enquiry.
- Show up in search results.*
- Look good in search results.
- Look good under scrutiny.
- Encourage people to enquire.
In this first blog post we look at part 1 and 2 – Appearing, and looking good in search results.
Show up in search results.
This could probably be rephrased ‘show up in the most relevant search results’ because this is where your potential customers will be searching – So by getting your details as accurate as possible you will show up to the right people, rather than being an irrelevant property in the wrong search results.
Make sure you’re number of bedrooms, sleeps, location, theme, suitable for and rates are accurate.
Other factors affecting your appearance in search results are how up to date your advert is, and if you have rates set. If you’ve not set rates for a period that someone is searching for, you’ll not show up in search results at all.
Keep your rates up to date, and set them for far into the future, at least a rolling 12 months in advance.
Another benefit of updating your advert will be that your advert will be automatically returned to the top of the search results; therefore you are rewarded for updating your advertisement. Any simple update which is then “saved’ will be enough to do this but the best update will be one to your calendar which states the date of update for all to see.
Look good in search results.
Your ideal customer has run a search and you’ve appeared – you’re just one of many results, how can you get viewed?
Again, relevance plays a part – your property might be relevant but unless it’s clear in the search result you may get overlooked. Your property needs to look and sound appealing, and also provide assurance as to quality and authenticity. Take a look at what we show in search results.
- Photos – your 4 ‘cover’ photos are shown, with the main image being cover image 1. Pick 4 photos that summarise the 4 key aspects of your property – the first image should probably be a well taken shot photo of your property or other eye catching image that is going to wow the viewer. (Read our article – Get the most from your property photographs)
- Title – This is the descriptive title of your advert, it should sell your unique selling points and also be distinct and memorable if the customer comes back later. There is no need to use a location if the location is correctly set for your advert.
- Rates – accurate pricing is fine, competitive pricing can help give you an edge, prices from ‘£1’ won’t look like a bargain but instead look untrustworthy.
- Reviews are hugely important and are clearly indicated in search results. Statistics show that properties with 5 or more reviews generate 33% more enquiries than those without. If you have reviews from previous guests on other sites please feel free to upload these yourself.
- The short description for your advert appears in the results and should provide a succinct idea of what is available.
- The ID verification badge shows that pureholidayhomes.com has independently verified the identity of the person listing the advert. Owners with the VERIFIED badge will provide a potential holidaymaker with the comfort that they are dealing with an owner who has successfully proven their identification and authenticity. If you haven’t yet been verified then call +44 (0)1753 728 730 to go through the process.
So now please go and take a look at how your property appears in search results, and consider the points above and if you could potentially make improvements.
*Showing up in ‘Search Engines’ is a different matter but equally important. – We’ll come back to this!